Sunday, February 23, 2014

Reversible Wrap Maxi Dress DIY: Stripes & Chains

I originally planned to bring this DIY to Hawaii, but didn't finish in time.  Now that it's sunny again and warmer, I finished it up for pairing with cardigans.  Using 2 of my favorite prints, I modified my last wrap dress into a reversible version.


Difficulty: Easy-Intermediate

Time: ~3 hours

Pattern:  McCall M6024 A (minus the ruffles), drafted my own skirt using a simple rectangle (44x56") and gathering it, cut the bodice "V" more modestly

Materials: ~2 yards of each fabric - I used a lightweight striped knit from Michael Levine's in LA and chain print knit from Joann's

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Those dresses are fantastic! It had been one of my goals to *really* make learning to sew a priority - I know the basics, and can't wait to try some of your projects out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Please do let me know how your sewing projects go :)

      Delete
  2. Reversible is awesome! Especially for traveling! Let me know if you ever decide to make these for your etsy store! I feel like I need one, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olyvia! I'll let you know if I ever venture into dresses :) I'm super flattered that you're interested!

      Delete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...