Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Buckled Cowl Top DIY

Inspired by this funnel coat, I decided to make a buckled cowl top.

Material: 1 yard white stretchy knit from Joann's, leather craft bracelet from Michael's

Pattern: Self-drafted based on existing sleeveless top (see tutorial here), leather bracelet is looped through a button hole at the base of the cowl

Difficulty: Easy/Intermediate

Time: ~2 hours


The top is tunic length to allow for layering over leggings or tucking into pants / skirts.  I find that a "bubbled tuck" shown here (I'm sure there's a term for this that I just don't know) is great for tummy hiding :)

Interested in winning a $100 gift card?  Check out my giveaway via Tide Pods and Blogher here - all you need to do is comment!

2 comments:

  1. Love this top, is beautiful, simple and the buckle detail make it more interesting. Love your blog. I can sew. Love to sew and like you I find inspirations everywhere. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Millie - thank you for your kind words! Have a lovely week!

      Delete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...