Sunday, July 28, 2013

Brocade Peplum Top DIY & Skirt Donation Pt. 2

I made this top a couple of months ago with ambitions of hand-beading it a la this dress on Pinterest, but then started to feel a bit lazy and started wearing it sans beading.  Fail, maybe someday...

Brocade Top DIY
J. Crew Inspired Pleated Skirt DIY (tutorial here)

Brocade details

Skirt Donation Part 2
It took me longer than I thought (Pt. 1 here), but I finally finished the skirts I had planned for Skirting the Issue (sorry IG peeps for re-posting here) and found a local foster closet (Agape Villages if you're in Nor Cal) for the donation.  If you would like to get involved, please check the list provided by Simple Simon & Co in the link above or your local charities.  If you don't sew, I know mine is also accepting school supply donations for the upcoming school year.
Don't worry, I ironed before dropping them off :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Those skirts are gorgeous, SPG! I've been thinking that maybe I can get one or two done, but haven't had time to sit at the machine! Your top looks gorgeous and thank you for sharing a drop off location in the Bay, you are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, so many skirts! that's so amazing that you made all of those to donate. i love the beaded brocade top!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the brocade print! and those skirts are so cute! whoever gets them would be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your donation creations are so special...they will be cherished by their new owners. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the print of your top. The brocade details are so pretty. I wish I have time to sew something for Skirting the Issue. You did great and I am sure whoever receives them would be delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The print of the top reminds me a lot of the Chinese "Qi Pao." Very creative in modernizing such a traditional print.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice tutorial! Thanks for sharing!
    Unfornately, I don't know how to sew! Have always wanted to learn but just couldn't find time with my job and blog!!!

    Le monde des petites
    http://www.lemondedespetites.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...